• Republic of Iraq lies in western Asia encircling Mesapotamian plain with borders to Turkey, Iran, Syria, Jordan as well to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait with a narrow coast line at North Persian Gulf.
• 39.5 Million population, ranks 38th in the World and having a population density of 83 people per square kilometer.
• The capital and largest city is Baghdad with 9 Million population followed by major cities as Basrah 2.6 Million, Erbil 2.4 Million, Suleymaniyah 1.5 Million, Mosoul 1 Million and Kirkuk 1 Million.
• There are other 18 cities with populations between 100.000-1.000.000. 31% of the population is living in rural areas. Population Growth Rate in 2018 is 2.8%.
• Iraq has the fifth largest proven crude oil reserves in the World.
• Iraq’s largest economy is dominated by the oil sector which provides more than 90% of government revenue and 80% of foreign Exchange earnings.
• GDP grew by 11% in 2016.
• During 2016, security and financial stability improved due to efficiency of Iraqi security forces and oil prices slowly rose.
• Development in shopping habits via big shopping malls. Presently 4 big malls in Baghdad, 4 in Erbil, 3 in Suleymaniyah and 1 in Basrah
Siti Group headquarter and main logistic center are located in Erbil.Planning, Product supply and main Logistic operations are in Erbil for the country of Iraq. Besides, both companies Finance departments are reporting to the Finance Director in Erbil. Siti Company sales in North Iraq are 95% by direct distribution with the warehouses and Sales teams in the cities and close provinces of Erbil, Duhok, Zakho and Suleymaniyah. At some far provinces, local distributors are used. Key Accounts, like Carrefour, Holand Bazaar etc. are being operated by a Key Account Group consists of Sales Supervisors and Merchandisers.
Jabal Al Salam company has logistic centers and Sales teams in Baghdad and Basrah for directdistribution of the products. Sales in other provinces of Mosul, Karbala, Nejef, Rumadi, Divaniye, Hille and Simave are being operated by means of exclusive local distributors. The important customers in Baghdad and Basrah are being served by special Sales teams.
Siti Group is dedicated in using its resources to maintain and gain market share aggresively. We strive to promote our quality brands with our experience and knowledge in Iraq. The company is proud of its accomplishments to this date and is ready to take advantage of new challenges to come, while expanding and strenghtening to new horizons in our distribution business.
Siti Group in Iraq consists of 362 employees.
Our staff is composed of knowledgable professionals with ample experience in the sales, marketing and distribution business.We provide constant training and support to our sales force with the backup required to penetrate the market and keeping the customers always satisfied with our quality of service.
Our fleet consists of 160 vans/trucks for direct sales by which Baghdad fleet is 110, Basrah is 24 and Erbil/Duhok is 26 vans/trucks. These numbers are excluded from the fleet of our exclusive distributors we use in 10 other important cities and the service provided from 7 sizeable wholesalers we use in other provinces.
Siti Group’s headoffice and 5000m2 Logistic Center are located on 11.000m2 land, in central location in Erbil city. The Logistic center has easy access to main highways going to North Iraq cities as well to the South, Baghdad and Basrah. The central warehouse is fully conditioned and also has 1000m2 refrgirated area. Main dispatch of majority of the products to our other warehouses is being operated from this logistic center. The company also has three offices and warehouses in Baghdad, Basrah and Duhok cities. All these warehouses are fully conditioned and some parts refrigerated. We have 3000m2 warehouse area in Baghdad, 1500m2 in Basrah and 1000m2 in Duhok cities.
The Company has a Logistic Center located in Erbil city, North Iraq. Majority of the imported products ( 90-95%) are received by land from Turkey and Europe to this center. Besides, the company has an Office and a logistic operation team in Istanbul, Turkey for supporting the import operation.The Products coming by sea (like from India) are being received to Basrah and stored and distributed via Basrah and Baghdad warehouses.The products received to Erbil Logistic Center are being distributed according to Sales planning to our three warehouses namely Baghdad, Basrah and Duhok. Besides, supply of products daily to our direct sales fleets in Erbil city as well nearby provinces and to Mosoul and Suleymaniyah, are being operated by this logistic center.Baghdad, Basrah and Duhok warehouses supply the products also to their city sales fleets daily as well sending the product requirements of their dedicated provinces. All Planning and Buying processes as well Reporting are being done and operated from Erbil Center. All warehouses are working with first in first out system and also equipped with truck control and follow-up systems.